Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Family Life - Extended Family & Friends

It's funny how you hear the saying 'Can't live with them, can't live without them' and it's usually referring to a person of the opposite sex.

Well, in my case I guess it is pointing more towards my family from the day to day hub bub and talk going from family to family; to just feeling plain bad that you don't see them more often.

Maybe it is just a woman thing, maybe it's just a me thing -who knows.

I know after my mom died, my sis and I were talking every day and after a month or so and I would go a couple days without talking to her, I would really feel empty.

Was I using her to fill the hole in my heart, my day, from not seeing and talking to mom, I don't know -Maybe I was........is that really fair to her or me?

I know as you get older, you re-define things and define things you never needed to before and ultimately that leads to change.

I guess the best thing to do and what I have been doing, is to evaluate my life, my friends, my needs and how they all fit together.

I used to find myself *pining over people in my life, I mean I wanted to have a relationship with certain people because I felt we had soo much in common, and it would keep the common thread of family knit close. After many years of heart-ache and headaches, I finally decided there are just some people who were 'IN' my life, that were never going to be a 'PART' of my life.

I suppose the best thing to do is focus on those things that are important to me, my kids, my spiritual direction, happy marriage, and the rest will worry about itself.

I don't like to be busy just for the sake of needing to be busy; I like to be productive and that satisfies many needs for me.
I mean if I just start rummaging through things just because I am bored, or if I am looking for something and start tearing boxes out or yanking things out of drawers, I usually end up finding what I am looking for.
BUT, the mess I leave behind is annoying and I usually don't end up very happy with the ends result. That would be me sorting and cleaning and organizing things when I might not necessarily have the time or patience. & if I end up leaving it, well it usually only gets worse and the point of contention later on somehow.

Family -Immediate
Extended Family
Neighbors
Co-Workers
Friends
Acquaintances

They all have an effect on us - just how much depends on the value we place on them.

I need to figure for myself, who I allow to influence me, my choice in the end to see what/who governs my mind and life.

I gotta go - I need to go do some thinking and changing of the way I look at things and what I do.

Hope you all have a Great Day!!

~Breeze

*Pining: Defined as a feeling of deep longing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging with Breeze
Blogging with Breeze

Marjke Slideshow

Slide Show

Some of My Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones