Friday, June 19, 2009

Dreams -Waking from them or -Working towards them


Do you remember your dreams in the morning when you wake up?

Or are you in such a rush because you hit snooze 3 times that you never seem to be able to wrap your finger around any details?

Do you hurry to make the coffee, clean up and run out the door for that early meeting you forgot about; and then somewhere in the middle of the day you find yourself thinking 'Did I dream about that last night'? or 'Did that happen?'

A funny thing happened to me not to long ago when I was waking my daughter for one of her last few days of school. It was about her usual time to get up and she was moving around in bed and I told her "Pizza Party today kiddo, time to get up".

She replies, "Mom, I just wanna go back to my dream, I was playing basketball with Jo-Jo and I wanna finish".

I sat there and proceeded to tell her that sometimes we just can't finish our dreams, we need to get up and move on into the day ahead.

Looking back at my quick response to her, what was I really saying to her in that reply? Should I go back and re-address my small chat with her about dreams, or just think it really isn't going to have a lasting effect on her?

When we speak about 'DREAMS' [night time escapes to the hustle bustle of life/our minds way of helping us deal with things] or "D R E A M S" [our hopes and our aspirations] are they the same or different? Can the nightly hiatus from reality really be the same as something we long for and wish as an alternative to the doldrums of life?

My very first website was a Geocities/Yahoo page that I just recently unraveled. Heard the news, got the info that they were closing up shop and I moved like lightning to get old poetry and photos to a new home and now they are like pages ripped out of an old book, all un-assembled between my PC and online photo albums.

One of my favorite quotes was on that page from the time I set it up in 1997 until the day I took it down. I am sure you have seen it at some point in a post or email yourself.

Watch your thoughts they become your words.
Watch your words they become your actions.
Watch you actions they become your habits.
Watch your habits they become your character.
Watch your character it becomes your destiny.

In my family it has been over a year that we have been without local or cable television and I feel we are better off without it.

Now I don't want to get started on that subject for a number of reasons, I am just making a note that I feel like I am able to watch more closely my own thoughts and that of my family; by not tuning in to what others may think and are spewing from their mouths on what seems like an hourly basis. Now I know I can get into just as much trouble on the internet if I went looking -but that's the point I am not.

I guess what I am looking at right now in my life is my mental well-being being effected by outside sources, and me asserting the control over those to keep out what I do not want or need.

Simplifying it for my kids, I suppose I need to fill their lives with loving, kind, positive influence and while not acting like there is nothing bad out there in the world, I am limiting it's HOLD and influence on how my entire family thinks and reacts to it.

I am working on quiet/alone time for my thoughts and working on keeping positive thoughts and songs and scriptures close to my heart to keep me moving forward...ahead of where I was before.

That's not to say I do not and will not worry about things; I am just slowing down so I can see clearly and really know what I am facing at that moment.

I know my mind can play the best of tricks on me and the last thing I want to do is to believe EVERYTHING that I think, because this is simply not true.

I am working on changing the way I look at the things around me and in my life; and you know what things are not what I thought them to be. Can something change overnight........or is it that maybe my vision was clouded and the view I had was impaired?

It is raining outside and it is a late hour for me, and even most night owls I know, so I am going to say Good Night!

Live for your dreams, Dream to live and most of all Live the Dream!

Love from me to you - Keep Dreaming.
~Breeze

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post. A new template. To execute you need a plan. To plan you need a goal. To have a goal you need a dream. Don't ask who said that, that's only stupid ol' me :P

    How are things now?

    ReplyDelete

Blogging with Breeze
Blogging with Breeze

Marjke Slideshow

Slide Show

Some of My Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones