Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cleaning out virtual closets from old websites ~ January 8th 2009


I have had a website up for more than 15 years on Yahoo! Geocities and I am working on pulling all my old work and pictures etc, over to my current homes on the web. I guess you could say this was my first 'blog' and I never knew it. I do so wish that I could go back and find all the old emails I used to send out to friends, they were like devotionals and I could post them here, but who knows if I will ever get to see those again. *wishful thinking*


Sooooo, here is one of the pages I had on the space called; My Story.
I originally put it up in 1998 and updated it in 2004, but as long as it is somewhere safe, now I can update, delete or re-use it now that it is getting moved.


Boy the changes that happen in life and how time flies!


Until another line is shared......Blog with you later!!


~Breeze

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS IS MY STORY
My name is Michelle and I would like to go on a journey with you.
A journey that many people start and never finish. I am only just now starting on this journey.
I will share a little bit about myself so that you may know more about me.
I am 33 years old and have a beautiful family that loves Jesus and wants to serve the Lord. We are always striving and searching for more of God in all we do, daily seeking the Lord to be set free from the burdens we have.
God has been just and good and has been there for us every step of the way. EVERY STEP!!
Reaching out and helping others is something I find you will do when you are getting closer to God.
This is a way to share the love and blessings that God is giving us. In the beginnning you are not able to help others, as there is soo much that God is helping you to be set free from. Yet, the time comes when you look around and want others to walk with you and God, and share the same happiness and peace that you feel.
This is what I want to do now, helping others on their journey and their search for God.
By sharing some of my life with others, I hope that they will be moved and see that life doesn't have to start out perfect to end up that way.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying that it becomes a "bowl of cherries" when you turn your life over to God. I am saying there is a 'Peace that passes Understanding' that washes over you when SIN is lifted off of you; and this is what you want to share with others.
I was married 5 years ago in January, and we have a beautiful daughter, whose name is Marjke. Pronounced Ma-Ray-Ka, she is such a light to my soul, that I cannot wait to have more just like her. I also have three beautiful neices and two sweet nephews, they are as dear to me as if they were my own.
There was a time when I was single and said "I would love to marry and have children one day".
These things have happened for me, and I am counting on the Lord to lead me and guide me into a wonderful life serving Him and doing all the things I have dreamed of and much more.
In the world today when one in two marriages ends up in divorce, I know that the only way I will overcome is by having Jesus in my life to direct me and guide me, because marriage is work, managing, living, loving, but yes work.
My walk with God started like many others, when I was just a child. I was seven years old and I remember that I truly loved the Lord Jesus with all my heart. Jesus has been Lord in my life since I gave him my heart, even when I grew up and went astray He was there!
I haven't always been focused on leading a life without sin, but I thank my Lord Jesus for his Grace, Mercy and Love. I was living a life that many others in the world live.
I thought that as long as I did not go out of my way to hurt others, that I was doing good in life. How wrong I was.
Many times I talked with friends about wanting to do things differently. I wanted a life without all the hassles I had. What am I gonna do for a living? What kind of car do I want to drive? Will I ever get married? Will I stay happily married once I do? Am I ever gonna have kids? Will I ever be happy in life? The stress alone is enough to drive someone insane. Money, Career, Marriage, Happiness, how does it all fit together smoothly?....."It doesn't" I thought, not the way I was living.
I wanted to change my life because I was uncomfortable with the way things were. But more than that God was tightening the rope that was around me and HE was pulling me in closer to HIM. The realization that I was not going meet Mr.Right in a bar, and the fact that I was not living a life I was proud of made me stop and think. I would go onto evaluate what I wanted in life and ask myself if I was doing all I could to live that life....I wasn't.
I decided to change my life and see where the Lord would lead me. Doing this I had to trust in Him and listen. To hear His voice speaking to me I would have to read His Word and listen for the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
The path I have chosen has not been the smoothest path, but it has been the most fulfilling and rewarding.

1 Timothy 1:15-16
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst.But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example forthose who would believe on him and receive eternal life.
-Michelle April 16, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging with Breeze
Blogging with Breeze

Marjke Slideshow

Slide Show

Some of My Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones