Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Friend [more old stuff] ~ July 1998 (actual date)


Here is an oldie but goodie in my stack of wacky web stuff.


I wrote this at a very peculiar time in my life, and as life would have it love just seemed to be around the corner for me after this one.

I happened to be married within 6 months of writing this, and to a man I met on the internet no less. 10 years, two kids, oodles of jobs and 3 cities later we are still together!!

Like I always say - God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!


Until another line is shared............Blog with you later!!


~Breeze


'Friends'


In our lives we always draw near
Hoping to find someone so dear


Sometimes we find heartache
confusion and pain
And in others we find laughter
like an early spring rain


Reaching out to others
wanting to share
Maybe finding a pearl
even a gem that is rare


The smiles and laughter
the tears and the joy
Understanding the heart
that it's just not a toy


Taking that heart
and taking the hands
Gently speaking
not making demands


Sharing soo much from our hearts
touching the soul
Not looking at pieces
but life as a whole


Loving them not
for what we want to see
But letting them walk
along side
and just simply be


Have you ever found someone
to fill such a place
To have made you smile
taken that frown and erased


Having one we call friend
is a joy and pleasure
Placing them deep in our hearts
because they're a treasure


I look around
and not many do I see
Whom I can call friend
standing next to me


Yet when I turned
and looked your way
my heart leapt with joy
as if to say


Look over there
it's there....in the distance
And seeing you smile
there was no resistance


I see you as a dear friend
a dear friend indeed
One I could turn to
whenever in need


God bless you and keep you
And show you the way
To a greater life with Him
Each and everyday


Thank you for sharing
a part of your life with me
May I be to you one day
what you have meant to me


Always here for you,
-A Friend



Michelle
July 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging with Breeze
Blogging with Breeze

Marjke Slideshow

Slide Show

Some of My Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones