Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Weekend Experience Related to My Sink

This weekend has been soo busy with things, and yet it hadn't been busy in the full sense of the word and it's meaning.

Valentine's Day...spent chilling at home with husband and kids. Selling Dogs, collecting money and filing paperwork, not to bad.

Nursing my wounds from the fall on Monday...prayer and therapeutic exercise have really helped. Chatting with my sis and niece and catching up with some old friends.
Found out one of my girlfriends was diagnosed with breast cancer, and enjoyed some catch up time with her talking life and all.

Smiles and tears thinking about mom and the why's and the where's about death again.
Bills, budgeting, weather, work, pets, house work and goals and planning all came into play for me again this weekend. :o) I am so glad to be ‘normal’ in so many ways, even though others might argue that fact. *sticks out tongue*

I shall recall some of it here, as I feel the need to kind of empty my head, and many times when I do that it's like my own brainstorming session, and I get some new thoughts or ideas from seeing it written down.

First thing to talk about here in the forefront of my mind.
My brother, Jimmy; he is an exceptionally talented man who can do anything!
It makes me smile and sad at the same time to say that.
First because I am happy and proud for him and his abilities and also for his strong resolve to overcome barriers in his life, for this I am happy and smiling.
Second, I am saddened by my own statement, as this is something my mom always said about her 'Bozie'.
She always pushed him and encouraged him and in some ways she was his biggest cheerleader.
Funny, how I can take the time to blog feelings and thoughts about everything else lately, and I still haven’t gotten around to emptying out about my mom's death and how I feel about it all. I suppose it's a process and when the time is right it will just happen. But for now, I will get back on track to my brother Big J!

He came over to help my DH [Dear Hubby] change out the water heater last week, and for anyone who has changed out plumbing you know that it can ultimately lead to clogged lines and a drop in water pressure due to sediment passing through the lines and becoming lodged and clogging it all up.
Well, of course this is what happened in my lovely kitchen sink and while we did our best to clear out the sediment, it only got worse. Aaaaargh!
Low water pressure is better than no pressure and I didn’t seemed to get the clue until I had my bro unhook the water set up and leave it un-done until we got it cleared up.

& While this picture has nothing to do with my brother, he was doing plumbing work and this is the picture that came up when I googled and I liked it for my post.


Now this could have happened in a number of ways….the clearing up part that is.
1. We get a new sink set-up, setting us back $250-$400 *Uh Yeah Right Whatever!*
2. We magically find the block, blow out the sediment, and all he has to do is hook it up.
3. We decipher magically [I think we are in dire need of magic here] what part is clogged.
4. We call the manufacturer and get them to send us the correct part that is clogged.
5. Ditch it all and go back to the old way of collecting rain water and washing things by hand out back in the yard in a bucket! *OOOOh Riiiigght!-Sarcasm and amusement all in one*
6. We hook it back up clogged and use it with slow pressure. This is what I should have done.
Now mind you I had gone many days without a kitchen sink and the use of water, and I thank God that I have a dish washer at least to get the dishes clean daily.
Soooooo, as I need to complete my thoughts on this, my brother really was a life saver.

He deciphered where the block was, and said we were screwed and these things always get trashed when the sediment comes rushing through like it did, and we should prolly go get another faucet set-up for my sink.


I went to the Hardware store, picked out a lovely sink for under $300 and was begrudgingly walking out when I asked the sales lady a question.
Do you have just the main faucet portion of these set-ups only for kitchen sinks, because that’s all I really need?
Now she smiled looked at me like, “Well lady, you’ve seen the display and NO we don’t only sell the faucet by itself, CAPISH??!!”
-But she continues on and tells me they do sell individual working parts to the mechanisms in the other isle if I know which model and all.

I frown.

She says the manufacturers do have limited lifetime warranties on their stuff if you know all that.

I FROWN bigger this time.

I go to the aisle, with my dad and we look at all the replacement parts. I start to feel some sunshine over me; I am feeling optimistic about the outcome as I see parts I recognize and think maybe I can spend only $20 instead of taking this $300 box home with me today.

Looooooonger story shorter, I tell DH, he goes online and finds a diagram, gets the part number, calls said Manufacturer (Moen) and they tell him they will replace it for nothing and send it to us.
DH tells them if they expedite the shipping he will pay the difference, $12!
YIPEEEE!! I feel like a child who met his hero and I am all warm and fuzzy at the thought of saving all that money!

My bro worked wonders, after hooking it up and going through 3 different scenarios as to why it was still not working, he got it.
I paid him the $20 I told him in the beginning and DH gave him the tool box he was eyeing and I think he was happy all around for the 3 times he had to come out to finally get it all worked out.

So many other things happened this weekend, but I will blog ‘em later!

Until the pen meets the paper again.
~Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging with Breeze
Blogging with Breeze

Marjke Slideshow

Slide Show

Some of My Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones