Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday Night


Wings - Steak Fries - Coleslaw -We out-did ourselves once again!

Beer - Punch - Soda

Good Conversation -Sharing Stories

Goofy Kids [Actually getting along]

Scattegories [some of the players were drinking too!]

Cheesecake [topped w/Strawberries]

There was even music.....at least I think there was at some point.

Kids Getting Along even as the night went on......this is soo important to a night that runs long; ask any parent trying to focus on something besides the kid(s) and they'll tell you so.


It seemed like no matter what we did yesterday it was turning into a pretty phenomenal evening.

While it did get loud and everyone starting getting a little obnoxious, it wasn't anything we couldn't handle.

Somehow though I did end up with a bit of a headache at about midnight thirty when I went to bed [& no I wasn't drinking] and I think it was more of the obvious atmosphere of silliness for soo many hours than anything else.

Then again when I woke up it sure did feel like the crazy hung over feeling.....I am beginning to think it was an osmosis kind of connection between dear hubby and I.

Yes he did have a few beers last night and besides the loud snoring coming from the room when I followed him upstairs [30 minutes later] to go to bed; he woke up in tip-top shape today * and I was like -NO FAIR!!

He did get called into work this morning, so it will be 8 nice hours of overtime for the start of next week already. Since he welds for the railroad he doesn't mind so much getting called out for overtime. Now make it slugging in a sewer somewhere...well, then he might bitch a bit about it but I am sure for the pay he would go either way.

Soooooo back to last night, as I ramble all over the globe about stuff and then make a feeble attempt to put some coherency to it all. HAHA

Ash was over from Friday night, she stayed after we went out for Coffee at Panera and shopped until Target closed.

Yesterday was a hang out kind of day, we made some sugar cookies, which I will post the recipe for.....they were very much like a butter cookie or a shortbread cookie that melt in your mouth when you take a bite. I suppose had I left them in there maybe 2 minutes less [I do have more dough too] they may have been a bit chewy.
I will try that out with a batch today, before I make some muffins with my SD starter.
I also made some Choco Chip Cinnamon Scones yesterday morn, as my sweet brother came over to help Big T change out the hot water tank and I thought it would be nice and it sounded good. I haven't really baked at all this winter and I just think that I hadn't felt like doing much of that since mom passed away. It was quite nice and I even got some good shots of the dough and finished product to share on here later.

Back to last night my sister Maggie and her hubby Big D came over with their 2 little ones, as their oldest was already here from the night before.

Ashley's boyfriend Stephen stopped by as well and hung out with us all and even stayed a little longer than planned.

I am pretty sure we all enjoyed the game a bit too much and maybe with less noise we will enjoy it again sometime.

Since we have had PC's and Laptops and PDA's it seems like whenever people come over it soooo impersonal and I thought if we bought a game or two a month and started playing them, we might enjoy our time shared together a bit more.

Over All the verdict in -I think we had a pretty damn good night.

May all your gatherings and parties be as sweet and memorable and all you want them to be. Make the best of the time you have with those you love and remember....

'Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get' ['til you eat it'....I always say]


The weather is gonna be beautiful this next week and I hope Punxatawny Phil the best at his new job as I hope we have SPRING right around the corner!!

Much Love and Affection.
~Breeze

2 comments:

  1. This weekend was a complete blast, as it always is over at the Sheasby's place.
    Love you!

    (PS. MERRY CHRISTMAS :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chanukah to you kiddo!

    You are always welcome to stop or stay & you know that.

    Let me know what you think of G-Pa's new car.

    Talk with you later and have fun on Valentine's Day.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Blogging with Breeze
Blogging with Breeze

Marjke Slideshow

Slide Show

Some of My Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones